Monday, October 8, 2018

In Writing, In All-Caps, and in Red Ink

It has been a great writing year for me! I have published two books this year, including my first contemporary romance novel. In addition to my persistence and determination to get my books published no matter what it takes, I have learned to set goals, to break big projects down into small projects. I have developed a habit of setting goals at the beginning of every week. It has worked so well. (I'm ready to buy a new desk calendar for the upcoming year.)

As goes goal setting, most of you know that they're not entirely effective unless they are in writing. And it's even more so if you tell others. In that way, you can have some amount of accountability.

In the fall of 2015, I started on Active Waiting. Since then, I've published books I started on after that, working on this book occasionally during this time. I have come to realize that if I don't get a certain book done, it's okay. Some books may take some time, they may take more thought that I can't give them initially. 

Well, now is the time to move closer to getting Active Waiting published.


Okay! I have it in writing, in all-caps, in red ink, at a place on my desk where I can see it, and have now made it public that I am going to finish the first draft of this book. No more waiting, no more procrastinating, no more stalling. Time for me to get to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment