Sunday, May 12, 2019

When I Have So Many Works in Progress...

I'm now receiving treatment for allergies.

You might ask yourself what that has to do with writing, especially with today's current subject, which is about my having not a few works in progress.

For a while now, I had had this feeling that something was getting in the way of my creativity. It wasn't work, everyday living, or being too lazy to write (I hardly ever am). I got the answer around mid-March when I was sniffing, sneezing, sleeping, and wheezing (notice that rare poetic moment). Instead of putting my hand to this labor of love, I put my hand to the labor of blowing my nose.


Image result for sneeze blowing nose

I thought if I drank more fluids and rested, I'd feel better in a few days. Those few days passed by and I wasn't any better. In all this time, I knew there were some ideas I had tried to get out on paper.

I also had to bear in mind the pollen count was at its highest this year. And, unfortunately, I wasn't exempt from it. After all, I live in The Allergy Captial of the World. Therefore, I went to the doctor and got some new prescriptions filled.

Image result for pollen

That was all I needed to do in order for me to have an explosion of ideas, including but not limited to...


  • A chapter-by-chapter outline of Kill the Locust and Writing Soulmates. The pantser I am may have to play the role of planner sometimes because of this.
  • Concerning the latter book in the above item, I've rewritten the first two chapters, which will more than likely affect the outcome of the rest of the book. It's also looking like I have to either kill a character or just have her in the shadows.
  • Writing devotions and making a devotional book.
  • Having an even clearer idea of how I'm going to write Stone Solid (I know I rarely mention this work in progress, but I'm still thinking about it) and maybe even change the title.
  • A plan for what I'm going to study to make the plot for Crack Hill intense. And I may also change that title. I thought of an idea for it a few weeks ago when I was working out.
  • Writing a book of short stories. And that's all I'm going to tell you about it since I have some more things in mind for this work in progress. I'll give details as they unfold.
Oh, and then, I also have to do some more planning for the Punk Rock Flea Market. In thinking about it, especially most of the time I've been away from my desk, I'm more prepared for this than I realize.

And I can say the same thing about my plans for all of my works in progress.

Now awaiting Monday morning to get my next allergy shot...so I can be even more productive and creative.

Image result for typing at laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment