Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I'm Out There!

Since I published The Long Road Around the Corner of Hope and Crawling to the Light in 2014, as well as Wise Turned Foolish this past October, I haven't had a lot of sales.  While I have moments where I wonder if it's even worth it to keep writing, though I don't have as many of those as I used to, I still do it.  Without going into too much detail, I still have lots of personal issues to deal with.  But I am making lots of progress.  In so doing, I have become a better writer, more focused.

Someone recently told me, and many times, that enthusiasm and passion go a much longer way than knowledge and skills.  While I by no means blow off the latter, I have to keep in mind the former.

I know it's all a matter of getting myself out there and finding the right market.  That has been my focus at the moment.  The hard work I'm doing to get to that point is paying off.

I got out there once again this past weekend, at Romancing the Smokies, networked with other authors, all of whom encouraged me to no end, and I did the same in return. 

Soon after checking in Friday evening, I met future paranormal romance author Samantha Nimrod. We easily broke the ice, talking back and forth about family, faith, books, and best of all, writing.  I told her the titles of my books and showed them to her on Amazon.

"I've seen that before," she said when she noticed the front cover of Wise Turned Foolish.



To me, it didn't matter what else she or anyone else said to me the rest of that weekend, although I had lots of awesome and edifying conversations.  That spoke volumes to me.  
Quite honestly, I don't know if I had gotten that much encouragement from any authors in the time I've been writing.

See what happens when you don't give up, or when you think no one is watching or noticing you, but you keep going on anyway?  And when you do, knocking on doors, networking, etc? This word of encouragement is for not only my fellow authors, but for anybody else reading this post who needs just a little bit of encouragement for today.

If you haven't heard yet of Wise Turned Foolish, here is a link to a preview, as well as the one from Amazon.

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1186016

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Turned-Foolish-Wilson-Walton/dp/1539669750/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490184165&sr=1-1&keywords=faye+wilson+walton

No comments:

Post a Comment