Tuesday, March 14, 2017

So Many Things on My Mind!

I am currently so immersed in the author's life, and in a season in my life where I am enjoying to the fullest the new lease I have gotten.  As a result, I find I have so many ideas and am soon overwhelmed.  Though I try to prioritize everything, break big projects down into small ones, and not let small thing get in the way, I find at the end of the day I wonder if I accomplished anything at all.

In this endless yet exciting flurry of activity, I thought I'd take some time to fill you in on what I have been working on:

(1) In preparing for Wise Turned Foolish on audio, I am practicing for about two hours a few days a week.  I have been working on this since around January.  Details to come as events unfold.  I'm looking to do this around the summer time.  I know by then, I will be very well-rehearsed and ready to go.

(2) Though I'm still working on Professional Fans, I've more or less shelved it.  I'm having one of those moments where I need to take a break from it to allow some related things to happen in my life before I proceed any further with it.  I feel at peace about this, knowing I have done this before.  I did something like this when I worked on Wise Turned Foolish. If I was able to go back to it and make it better than the first time, and I always finish what I start, this is no exception.  I have loved the work I have done on Professional Fans, creating Holly Fowler, Natasha Gold, Gary Grayson, and Randy Daniel, the main characters.   If you would like to read a preview of it, here it is https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1209918.  Any feedback would certainly be appreciated, please.  

(3)  The plot for Stone Solid, a work in progress I have had since around 2014, is clearer now than ever before.  What I had written is "junk" compared to what I have in mind for it now.

(4)  This morning, I started another book, Kill the Locust.  It is about a young single woman, Amy Greeley, who overcomes endometriosis.  During this time, she falls in love with Jeremy Nelson, and they can't wait to get married.  With the threat of this chronic illness, they make a very unusual, unconventional decision about their future.  Those of you who know me, know I once had that and have done very well (if I do say so myself) in overcoming that.  It is now time for me to put it in a book.

(5)  It seems that if I was of a mind to write contemporary romance, I'd have to lie down in order for me to concentrate on it.  That is the only way I could ever do so.  With all of the above-mentioned items, plus others I won't discuss, when do I have the time during the day  to lie down?  Right about now, the only time I do that is when I'm going to sleep, which, due to my super-busy schedule, I do easily.  In any case, I still plan to continue to work on Two Suitors.

In spite of my almost overbooked daily schedule, I'd like to take some time to thank you for everyone for your support.  That, and many other things, is what allows me to "show up" every morning here at my desk--and accomplish all of this and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment