Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Living the Rock Star Life, Author Style

In addition to all of the authors of various genres I have in my network, I also have musicians. I love having them in my corner because they too have the same challenges: writing new material, publishing, producing, marketing, and making the time for work and family obligations. I love talking with them, seeing them when I can, and reading about their victories and challenges in making their break, making a new album, or going on tour.

Image result for rock stars

Over the next few months, I'm going to be at events for many weekends where I will be selling my books, after a week of hard work at my day job.  Some of them will be at night and will involve loading and unloading a plastic box full of books and table decor.  There may even be a preferred way of dressing.  In thinking about all of the places I will be, that ranges from jeans and t-shirt all the way to Sunday best.  For all of them, I have to stay on top of the flow of the crowd, making sure I don't miss a sale.

This past weekend, I was a rock-star author in the best way.  I attended the Knoxville Tattoo Convention.  I was there both Friday and Saturday, at my designated table, for long hours. Of course, I have to also include the time I needed beforehand to make sure I had plenty of books and other necessary resources and to locate the place in more than enough time.

After a long weekend, I slept most of Sunday and Monday afternoon and evening after work. It's now time for me to do more writing and preparing for my next "gig".  That will be next Saturday, September 9th from 9am-1pm at the Union County Library.  I look forward to seeing you there, to rock out with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment